Re: Conforming alternative for mobile should not be Desktop

> Why is there a Mobile Task force if we allow a simple link to bypass the
entire requirements that we are formulating?

David, where is it saying that? *IF* providing a link to the desktop
version makes the mobile experience *more* accessible, then it should not
be rejected out of hand. If the desktop solution doesn't also meet the
(new) SC we bring forward targeted towards (mobile) smaller screens, then
it doesn't meet the requirement, and so linking to the "desktop" version
does not address the issues and does not change the conformance statement.

This also illustrates why I push back on using the Success and Failure
Techniques as the definitive way of tracking conformance: state the
requirements clearly, and leave open the possibility that a whole new
technique meets the functional requirements of the Success Criteria. In
other words, judge on the outcomes, and stop trying to impose specific
patterns.

JF

--
John Foliot