Re: Conforming alternative for mobile should not be Desktop

>>*Jason] In that case the two sites are presumably not providing the same
functionality, and thus neither would qualify under the WCAG 2.0 definition
as a “conforming alternate version” of the other.*

I would be satisfied with formalizing this position in 2.1 Jason. I think
functionality is pretty ambiguous now given the definition of
Functionality. I would be satisfied with an example of a small screen view
and a large screen view not being alternatives for one another under WCAG
because the menu functions differently, different cognitive load,  etc...

The mobile site issue wasn't on our radars when we wrote the WCAG, most of
the language for this alternate conforming version was completed before
2005.

"functionality

<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#processdef>
​"​ <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#processdef>