RE: Conforming alternative for mobile should not be Desktop

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 9:13 AM

 If there is a huge hole in WCAG 2.1 that says, "Hey we have a bunch of new SCs to meet for mobile, but you don't need to do any of this because the conforming alternative clause allows you to rely on the large screen view" then what is the point?

[Jason] My point is that, depending on the new success criteria, the alternate version may not be “conforming” if it doesn’t scale well to small display sizes, at least at Level AA. That is, I don’t think the new success criteria are likely to have an “if you are designing for mobile devices” qualification on them.

Thank you for your compliance.