Re: Proposed SC on notification of dynamic changes to apage

Hi John

I agree there is no magic number, and maybe there is a better simple way to
address it without throwing the baby out with the bathwater. (baby and
bathwater are now very familiar to me). That's how the best SCs get made...
someone puts up a recommendation and it gets refined...

There was no magic number in WCAG 2.1.1 for Timing adjustable, for the
amount of time a website would have to leave a connection open to receive
an exemption, but we drew a line at 20 hours because we figured *every*
user needs a least 4 hours sleep a night. It gave authors an important
exception, and in 8 years we have never received a complaint.

The sentence I propose is an exception clause, so it is not telling authors
what to do, they don't have to follow it, but  if there was a lot of
updates on the page like popcorn then they could claim it. I'd love other
suggestions.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*