Re: Principle 4 - Robust (was Re: Help needed with numbering success criteria for WCAG 2.1)

On 27/06/2016 00:26, White, Jason J wrote:

> [Jason] I think your last point is exactly right: these matters do seem to fall under Principle 1. CSS flexible box layout and CSS grid layout are tools for enabling this kind of layout flexibility much more effectively than has hitherto been possible.
> I suspect this lies at the intersection of low vision and mobile. It has to relate to an accessibility need in order to fall within the purview of WCAG, so just a desire to design well for mobile devices isn't enough to qualify these layout issues as requiring WCAG success criteria to be written.

Certain user groups cannot change the orientation of their device (think
for instance fixed mounted tablets on a wheelchair). Having content
locked to a particular orientation will make it difficult/impossible for
these users to consumer/operate. So yes there IS an accessibility need.

Patrick H. Lauke