RE: Is Advisory Technique H80 Sufficient?

From: Mike Elledge [mailto:melledge@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 11:05 AM

I've been a proponent of link phrases being self-contained, and was somewhat dismayed that programmatic determination was introduced in WCAG 2.0. But it seems to me that pressing shift+h is a reasonable way to gain sufficient context for an otherwise generic link (like "more").

Depending on the text of the link and of the heading, I would agree that this technique can be sufficient. There may be cases in which a suitably labeled container element with an ARIA landmark role would also suffice, since the immediately preceding landmark can be programmatically determined – and this determination is supported by screen readers that use ARIA.

Thank you for your compliance.