Re: warning category for techniques / failures.

This approach bothers me.  (e.g. Failures are hard so lets create something new that is easier to provide warnings on)

There SHOULD be very few “Common Failures” to document.

The are only there to get rid of the most obvious common and egregious errors.

If the working group starts getting into defining warnings and other test tool like behaviors you will not complete the work that only a WG can do.

I predict endless and lengthly  discussions on this — if you go down this path.
Leave warnings to the tool people.
(just my two cents worth.   My opinion / advice on this activity.   Going silent now on whether to have warnings or not   (after I just gave a warning…. ) )

gregg