Re: Not hearing grouping labels for checkboxes, radio buttons and link lists.

Just note that H80 is no longer listed as Sufficient Technique, just as Advisory.

For those scratching their heads, "Understanding Techniques" ( https://www.w3.org/TR/2014/NOTE-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20140916/understanding-techniques.html ) says about Advisory Techniques "they may not be sufficient to meet the full requirements of the success criteria" which implies that they may well be, given the right circumstances.
It is now probably down to the judgment of any specific case to determine if the use of H80 alone can count as sufficient to meet SC 2.4.4 Link Purpose.
Or put differently, the use of H80 cannot automatically considered insufficient for meeting the SC - at least that is my interpretation of the fog of disclaimers that has grown around the Techniques in the last couple of years.

Detlev

--
Detlev Fischer
testkreis c/o feld.wald.wiese

Mobil +49 (0)157 57 57 57 45
Fax +49 (0)40 439 10 68-5

http://www.testkreis.de
Beratung, Tests und Schulungen für barrierefreie Websites