From: josh@interaccess.ie
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:45 AM
To: White, Jason J; Andrew Kirkpatrick; Gian Wild; David MacDonald; WCAG; w3c WAI List
Subject: Re[4]: Let's add an approved date field to Failures and Techniques

------ Original Message ------
From: "White, Jason J" <jjwhite@ets.org>
[...]
My concern about date-stamping failures is that failures are not normative and we already have plenty of confusion about that.  [...]

I agree. Anything which tends to reinforce a perception that techniques/failures are normative is problematic, in my view.
Agreed, but we do get lost in our own jargon. Most devs don't consider normative/non-normative at all - and do consider anything
we publish as 'best practice' - which is questionable.

Thanks

Josh

Thank you for your compliance.