Re: Changing definition of "Large text" to use px rather than pt

On 27/04/2016 00:31, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
[...]
> I don't have any giant data analysis/web crawler capability myself, but
> I'm willing to bet that if we analyse the CSS of the top 1000 sites with
> the most traffic, you won't find any significant use of font definitions
> in pt.

...for those who aren't also tracking the related GitHub issue, David
Storey provided some data points here
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/181#issuecomment-214972660

"our Microsoft data (1,218,301 unique URLs crawled using Edge and
Chrome) clearly shows that PX is way more widely used:
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/usage/css/font-size/

PT is used less than Ems and %. Also bear in mind that this includes all
rules that applies, so I believe print styles will be picked up here. It
also doesn't show how much more a unit is used on a site, just if it is
used once or not. I suspect on the sites where both are used, PX is used
in a lot more declarations."

Patrick H. Lauke