------ Original Message ------
From: "John Foliot" <john.foliot@deque.com>
  >But when we "extend" WCAG 2.0 to address those gaps, how do you see us
accomplishing this? "Write > an extension" sounds good, but what does
that look like? What does that mean?

What it mean are a series of new normative success criteria that
explicitly are designed to accommodate the various needs of the COGA
community.

>On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Kurt Mattes <kurt.mattes@deque.com>
>wrote:
>>>"I was just trying to address an advatage  of having an extension
>>>rather than incorporating all the content into a next version of
>>>WCAG"
>>
>>I don't see extensions and inclusion in WCAG.next as mutually
>>exclusive. Perhaps that is not what you are thinking either. Providing
>>information about the needs related to coga personas sooner via
>>extensions, rather than later via WCAG.next is advantageous.
Yes. There is an advantage in the short term that extensions are
'lighter' and quicker to get out. There is a big disadvantage in that
harmonisation issues/ maintaining a conformance model/ spec
fragmentation are more likely in the long run.

Also there is a potential for authors to cherry pick their extensions,
choose some disability issues/types and ignore others - if they are not
unified under single umbrella with the seal of a 2.x or whatever.

>>However, the perception people will have about extensions may not lead
>>to them being considered as important as the balance of WCAG's
>>information. Both approaches are needed.

There is also that.

>>IMHO, the conversation about personalization is long overdue. Anything
>>we can do to get it started as soon as possible is a good thing for
>>everyone and more so for people with disabilities.

I also think this is true. Personalisation is IMO, at the core of the
new wave of cognitive a11y.
>>On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:24 AM, lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>
>>wrote:
>>>[...]

>>>I was just trying to address an advatage  of having an extension
>>>rather than incorporating all the content into a next version of WCAG
I do hear that Lisa, but as I say above there are (as always) pros/cons.

Thanks

Josh