RE: Straw man list for WCAG.NEXT, another proposal...

Hi Phill,

Thanks for this. It appears that there is growing support for the idea that
WAI perhaps need to re-invigorate our efforts around the ideals of ATAG and
UAAG more (and certainly Authoring Tools, which more than one commenter has
noted already). I will be sure to ensure that this is captured as the
valuable feedback it is for the larger "WAI 20202" discussion

Returning to the shorter-term discussion of what do we do now, today
(tomorrow, this month, this fiscal quarter), your response highlighted the
words new devices and new technologies. Does this mean then that you believe
that Option 1.2 WCAG 2.0 plus extensions by technology or platform
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/WCAG_Next_Possible_Models/Model_4>  is your
preferred way forward? I'm trying to bring focus to the immediate need we
are facing now: the fact that we are creating new (potential) Success
Criteria, new "Best Practices", new Techniques, etc. The question I want to
look at closely here is what exactly are we going to do with that material?
How do we "publish" it, and under what model?

Thanks!

JF