RE: CfC: Checkbox and Radio button labels and 1.3.1

Jonathan Avila [mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com] wrote:

> But this whole discussion
> raises questions about grouping mechanisms and accessibility support.

<snip>

> We need some sort of decision tree like the name
> calculation to help people figure this out.

+1 to both of these comments.

It also (for me) raises a question: If the *code* meets the technical requirements, but is not "accessibility supported" by AT today, is it a failure of the content and content author, or a failure of the software tools? I believe this is important when it comes to conformance claims.

I like the idea of a decision tree, as it may also be useful in answering my question - or at least in allowing content creators to make informed decisions.

JF