Re: CfC: Checkbox and Radio button labels and 1.3.1

Hi Andrew, no this does not make sense to me.

You’re saying that this passes info and relationships? Because they’re in the same paragraph? It passes in screen readers that can guess the label of the checkbox? Which ones guess properly?

I’m not saying that WCAG requires the code to be written in a specific way, I’m saying that it requires the relationship association and I don’t see how a title attribute that duplicates the visible label text or a checkbox inside the same paragraph as the visible label text counts as a relationship association.

Thank you all for discussing the issue!

Paul J. Adam
Accessibility Evangelist
www.deque.com

In the instance of a control that is implicitly associated with a label that may even meet 1.3.1 as well as 4.1.2 through the implicit means: