Re: CfC: Checkbox and Radio button labels and 1.3.1

Hi Andrew/Gregg, I’m still hoping to get a response to these questions:
------------------------
Hi Gregg, how do you make the relationship between the label and control programmatically determinable?

I would think programmatic determination could be created between a label and it’s input via:

<label FOR/ID> (explicit labels)
<input aria-labelledby=“lbl”><span id=lbl>
<input aria-describedby=“lbl”><span id=lbl>

I’m not seeing how the title attribute on an input can create a programmatic determinable relationship. Title creates an accessible description or accessible name.

I don’t see any programmatic relationship in that code.

Thanks!

Paul J. Adam
Accessibility Evangelist
www.deque.com <http://www.deque.com/>
> On Nov 19, 2015, at 12:49 PM, Gregg Vanderheiden <gregg@raisingthefloor.org <mailto:gregg@raisingthefloor.org>> wrote:
>
> correct
> the requirement is not that it be programmatically connected — but that the relationship between the label and the control be programmatically determinable if it can be visually determinable (for example).

Paul J. Adam
Accessibility Evangelist
www.deque.com