Re: CfC: Checkbox and Radio button labels and 1.3.1

I think a mechanism must exist that ensures the "label" text be linked to
the control. Proximity does not do it. If you have a sequence of elements,
not in a list and it reads "label control label control label control..."
does a program have to parse the entire sequence to determine that labels
come before their associated controls. Is this reasonable; is it
deterministic? CSS could shuffle the order of the elements in presentation.
There too many ways to mess this up to depend on association without
explicit linkage or implicit inclusion.  So for the label element at least,
I do not see how a deterministic relationship can be guaranteed without
explicit linkage or implicit wrapping.

Wayne

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com