From: Gregg Vanderheiden RTF [mailto:gregg@raisingthefloor.org]
Sent: 06 November 2015 21:40
To: Michael Pluke <Mike.Pluke@castle-consult.com>
Cc: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>; Joshue O Connor <josh@interaccess.ie>; GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>; public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org
Subject: Re: Do SCs need to be testable?

Hi Mike,

            I can see you understand the concept very well.

            RE privacy — each of the 5 layers has the same ability to capture information about the user.   But at each level - no information about the user is shared.    The Matchmaker (our software) takes the information from the preference server — and the information about the accessibility features (at each level) —  and figures out what the settings should be.  The only thing that the site sees are commands to turn on particular features on their site — and the setting for each.      This is information they would have no matter how you turn the features on —   so personalization doesn’t reveal anything that the user turning the features on by hand wouldn’t.     And unfortunately - there isnt any way to use a feature on a site without the site knowing that you used their feature.

            make sense?

Thanks

Gregg