From: Joshue O Connor [mailto:josh@interaccess.ie]
Sent: 29 October 2015 15:57
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: COGA SC rewrite

Hi all,

Based on some discussion in the last thread on SCs being testable (and EAs comments about having the time to do this work..), I had a crack at turning the current suggested list of COGA SCs into more 'testable' language.

Comments, brickbats etc welcome.

Josh

Success Criterion.
1. Enable adaptability: Ensure that all UI components can be resized,re-ordered or removed.
2. Timed events: The controls for expanding or canceling any timed events are discoverable, clear and focusable.

JOC: I'm not sure if this can be a SC. There is an existing SC that covers this (2.2.1) there could be a requirement to do it in a way that is customizable via some user preference?

3. Structure content: Use a clear heading structure and/or mark up suitable page regions and sections.
JOC: Not sure if this can be a new SC. 1.3.1 obviously relevant here.

4. Visual affordances: Use a common/established visual/symbolic toolkit to describe the function of various UI components.
 Are we making one of these? (EA)

5. Use a clear writing style:
JOC: Very hard to test, context dependent.Agree (EA)

6. Alternative preference: If an accessible alternative is present, ensure that it is discoverable and has a high level of visual affordance.

7. Be predictable:
JOC: Don't know if this can be a new SC.

8. Rapid feedback: Provide feedback quickly and within the context of use.
Do we have to measure 'quickly' as it is dependent on service - could we say as an immediate response? (EA)

9. Help the user understand the content
JOC: Don't know of that can be an SC. Hard to test. Agree (EA)
10. Complete and check: Provide an accessible 'check and complete' mechanism for your page content.

 11. Attention aid: Provide an accessible help mechanism in order to focus the users attention on the task at hand to ensure completion.