From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 5:10 PM
To: WCAG
Subject: We may need greater clarity of when its a failure to omit title attribute from an iframe

I've put up a bunch of tests with AT and browsers for the title on an iframe. I think we may want to discuss and tighten up some of H6 and maybe parts of the understanding doc. Especially in the case of ads and video players embedded in a web page.

In the article, the general consensus is that it is usually a failure to omit the title attribute from an iframe, but there is quite a bit of diversity from a11y professionals which is captured in the article.

http://davidmacd.com/blog/is-title-attribute-on-iframe-required-by-wcag.html

Cheers,

David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.