About ccategory- simple data tables with one header

From: Sailesh Panchang <spanchang02@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 04:41:30 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Here is an appeal: please reconsider the need to  single out "Tables with one header " as a
separate category of simple tables in the tutorial [1]. If retained, revise the situations
where they are suitable and the corresponding examples.
A simple data table must have both row and column headers marked up. There are perhaps very
specific instances when this is not the case:
e.g. 1: A calendar grid typically has a row containing days of week (column headers) and no
row header column.
e.g. 2: The first column of a two-column data table has row identifiers or row headers. The
table  may be devoid of a column header row.

The smallness of a  table with data itself being distinctly different in each column as
stated in the tutorial [1] does not justify absence of row headers for those tables.

I am still looking for answers posed in my emails below:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-eo-editors/2015Jun/0041.html
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-eo-editors/2015Jun/0033.html
[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/tutorials/tables/one-header/
Thanks,