Re: Recommendation to move WCAG Techniques out of TR, concerned about Failure Techniques loosing authority

I think there are a number if layers of weight and authority if W3C docs...

Normative
non normative in TR
Working drafts not in TR

TR requires public vetting and approval from the wider community, therefore
has more weight than a document or technique produced by a working group
that is not in TR...

I just want to make sure we all consider the pros and cons of moving out of
TR brfore doing so, and give an opportunity to our stakeholders to weigh in.

It would be great to have faster cycles and more freedom to publish
techniques which is the advantage of pulling out of TR with techniques. But
it may not be without cost. That is what I would like us to reflect on...
As we make this important decision and discussion...

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015, Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
wrote:

> Yes, non-normative! :-)
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 11:05 AM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','faulkner.steve@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>

>> On 19 May 2015 at 19:03, Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','lorettaguarino@google.com');>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm quite concerned about discussions that give weight or authority to
>>> any of our normative documents.
>>

>> do you mean non-normative?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards