Re: Usefulness of language annotations

I'm interested to collect specifics on where this important
functionality is supported.

So, John says JFW will honor inline lang markup. Is that with IE? FF?
Chrome? Any/all of the above?

And, what about NVDA? Window-Eyes?

I am given to understand that IOS will do this for Voice Over, though I
believe their approach isn't relying exclusively on the markup.

It seems Voice Over on OS X does not support this, at least I haven't
succeeded with it.

Also, Orca on Linux and Talkback on Android do not support this.

Speaking personally, I would regard dropping <lan> as a serious loss,
even though I don't see as much integration with TTS across platforms as
I would like. What else is there?

No, we can't expect UA's to do this. We have the example of "chat" in en
and fr. What language is the following?

Still, still, still ...

Is it a line of something in English? Perhaps poetry? Or, is it the title
of a famous Austrian Christmas carol?

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200