Re: SC failure for opening new window without prior notice ?

For background on this

I was co-chair of the working group during the discussions of this topic when the WCAG was created - and clicking on a link (in normal use of the link to open or go to a new page) was not considered by the group to be ‘changing a setting’.   This was specifically discussed.  A link IS a “user interface component”, but clicking on it was not considered a change of setting (in normal use of the link to open or go to a new page of content) and the language of the SC was written to (try to) make this clear.

Regards

Gregg