FW: Agenda for 27 May 2014 WCAG call

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Avila [mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 10:36 AM
To: 'Joshue O Connor'; 'Andrew Kirkpatrick'
Subject: RE: Agenda for 27 May 2014 WCAG call

Joshue or Andrew, I wanted to follow up on my two action items.

>From ARIA 7 - Action item 255.  I want to recommend we strike example #2
as it is incorrect and causes reading of every link when navigating to
each link.  Do I need to create an issue in the tracker for this?  I wrote
about this on WCAG GL list already and James agreed that the example was
not correct and suggested changing to what is already in example #3.

Example 2: Concatenating link text from multiple sources

The following example concatenates a link name through aria-labelledby
referencing both the report title, "2012 Sales Report", and the respective
file type, (PDF, Word, or Powerpoint).

<a aria-labelledby="report-title pdf" href="#" id="pdf">PDF</a> | <a
aria-labelledby="report-title doc" href="#" id="doc">Word</a> | <a
aria-labelledby="report-title ppt" href="#" id="ppt">Powerpoint</a></p>

For F24 - Action item 248

I'm going to close this action as I'm now ok with the technique.

Jonathan