Re: Agenda for 1st April 2014 WCAG call

Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>:
> Technique Assignments URI:
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Working_Group_Techniques_Development_Assignments

I have been playing with the proposed new technique on “CSS responsive
layouts”, to accomodate requirement 1.4.4 on resizing text[1].

I wrote a somewhat minimal proof of concept:

  http://wja.no/t/responsive-technique/

No matter what size your browser viewport is, the content
automatically reformats to fit.

The technique has already gained widespread use to accomodate
smartphones and tablet computers, but can equally well be used for
enlarging text on a larger screen without triggering unnecessary
panning or scrolling.

>From the stylesheet's point of view, there is no difference between:

  * a 1200 pixel browser window zoomed to 200%
  * a mobile device that is 600 pixels wide

I will draft prose for the technique next.

Input on the live example is very welcome. I have built many
responsive sites, but this is my first contribution to the WCAG
techniques. (c:

[1]: http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/#qr-visual-audio-contrast-scale

--
Wilhelm Joys Andersen