RE: UNS: Re: WCAG considering amending F65 to NOT fail missing ALT text if title or aria-label is present

[...]
> Frankly, I'm unclear why you even took this discussion to Twitter. What did
> you expect to gain and how are we to understand the value of any results?
> What good does this do? What value does it add?

I'd like to note that I wrote an overview on my blog yesterday [1] and also solicited feedback from the community.

I don't consider this to be random voting, nor do I expect the respondents have all the context. I also know that my followers (all 2 of them) hold a similar view as I do, so I don't expect to hear a viewpoint different from my own.

I do, however, hope to discover some nuggets (for either viewpoint) that maybe I had not considered that I can bring back here for discussion. I don't think lack of membership here precludes having a voice, though I do see the value in having somebody collecting that information to present back here.

And for the record, I am against loosening alt attribute restrictions, as I was against it the last time it came around for discussion.

1. http://blog.adrianroselli.com/2013/11/image-alt-exception-change-re-re-re.html