RE: Action item: table with TH with and without scope

Just for the record.
Interoperability with JAWS should never be used as an indicator of sufficiency.  Determining if sufficient programmatic information is made available via the various mechanisms involved is the determiner--JAWS may use the information or not, but many use other tools for access.  Writing code to any specific AT should imply it is the only solution within a defined environment which does happen, but WCAG is not an environment specific set of techniques.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sailesh Panchang [mailto:spanchang02@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:19 AM
To: David MacDonald; james nurthen
Cc: 'WCAG'; 'Joshue O Connor'; kirsten@can-adapt.com
Subject: Re: Action item: table with TH with and without scope

James,
Yes scope does need to be added to the simplest tables too in certain situations. One such is already in the existing technique for scope. Look at the Contact Us table  where row header is in col#2 and not col#1.
That table is in a page of the Resources link for the technique.
But that is not the subject of the comments being considered by Survey #9 or 11. David M has detailed the problem again.
And it
Sailesh