Re: Using aria-describedby for link purpose technique ready for review

On 2/14/2013 7:53 AM, David MacDonald wrote:
> Hi Jon, Josh et al
>
> I'm wondering if given the fairly good support for this we should use this
> instead of the aria labelledby
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Using_aria-labelledby_for_link_purpose  which
> requires the labelledby to reference itself.... which seems like a hack.
I don't think it is a hack. The spec allows the reference of itself as a
permissable feature. We should produce techniques for both if both are
accessibility supported.

The advantage of using the aria-labelledby technique is that the label
is generally included in AT features such as list of links, whereas
descriptions are generally not included in such features.

Regards,
James