Re: Revisiting whether & when we might write a technique related to SC 1.4.2 and OS per-app volume settings [was Re: Question about SC 1.4.2 - can this be met by relying on Windows (or otherwise the platform or user agent) to do it for you?]

Just a few opinions from me:
1. I think there is probably no reason this couldn't be a sufficient
technique, with the usual accessibility support caveats
2. Publishing it as a WCAG technique only helps in making authors more
aware of it. It does not help with the problem of how to reach end users
who would be expected to know about this setting.
3. Do we really think that documenting this particular technique, which has
the issues that have been discussed, is a more important use of our time
than all of the other potential work the WG has before us? (That said,
we've probably spent more time discussing it than it would take to write it
up.)