RE: testing with a "High degree of confidence"

Am Mi, 3.04.2013, 17:19 schrieb Christophe Strobbe:
> Hi David, All,
>
> Am Di, 2.04.2013, 20:41 schrieb David MacDonald:
>> Hi Gregg,
>>

>> Do you know where that is, or the statement it got morphed into is found
>> in
>> the documents?
>>

> The term you should look for his "high inter-rater reliability" (HIRR).
> The first place I looked was "Requirements for WCAG 2.0" (e.g.
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/NOTE-wcag2-req-20060425/>) but it isn't listed
> there.
> The term can be found in some discussions from August 2002 (e.g.
> <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/meeting-highlights.html>) and in the conformance
> sections of some older WCAG 2.0 drafts (like
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-WCAG20-20060427/conformance.html>).
> I can't find documents with a requirement of 80% HIRR.

I looked a bit harder.
The April 2006 draft I referred to contains the following statement: "When
people who understand WCAG 2.0 test the same content using the same
success criteria, the same results should be obtained with high
inter-rater reliability."

There were a few comments about this, like LC-1267 from Andrew Arch
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/issue-tracking/viewdata_individual.php?id=1267>
and LC-1212 from Al Gilman
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/issue-tracking/viewdata_guidelines.php#1212>.

The phrases "people who understand WCAG" and "inter-rater reliability"
were removed from the May 2007 draft:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-WCAG20-20070517/#overview-sc>. So it became:
"The same results should be obtained with a high level of confidence when
people who understand how people with different types of disabilities use
the Web test the same content."

Later drafts (I did not check when) removed that statement and just said
that the success criteria are testable statements.

Best regards,

Christophe