Re: Response to your comments on Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines (ATAG) 2.0

The WCAG Working Group has reviewed your responses, and we accept all of
them except WCAGWG17.

We have run into issues in the past with calling content accessible, since
no content is completely accessible to all people. We strongly encourage you
to find a different term.

We can say that it is WCAG 2.0 conforming. or perhaps even "WCAG2.0
accessible". But we certainly do not say or imply that WCAG makes pages
accessible as an absolute and in fact go to great pains to say that meeting
ALL WCAG, even at AAA and even if you do all the advisory techniques, will
not make pages accessible to all. We feel that the use of the term
"accessible content" raises unrealistic expectations.

Loretta Guarino Reid, WCAG WG Co-Chair
Gregg Vanderheiden, WCAG WG Co-Chair
Michael Cooper, WCAG WG Staff Contact

On behalf of the WCAG Working Group