Re: F68 forbids WAI ARIA to replace label element

Agreed. Furthermore it will need an careful genericising rewrite to account not only for the fact that ARIA labelledby can be applied to more than simply form/input controls, but also to make it HTML5 applicable as well as 4.0x and XHTML.

If no one gets to it, its on my to do list with HTML5 STs, (yeah yeah, I know) but that said, we'll need to look at all the techniques after they move to generalized (X)HTML for ARIA conflicts and impacts.

Chris Beer (iPhone)