Re: Audio Descriptions for Talking Heads

On Jun 20, 2011, at 1:39 PM, Loretta Guarino Reid wrote:

> It sure seems to me that this kind of information doesn't need to be synchronized.
right -but if not in the video - it is unlikely to travel with the video

> And a tool that added it to the beginning of a video would need to be very careful that it fixed up all the timestamps in any captions for the video.

I was thinking it would just overlay / mix with the audio there so there would not be need for retiming.

> Wouldn't it suffice to set the stage in text associated with the video?

Not really as good.  Doesn’t meet guidelines - and won't travel with the media.  but might work for a particular page....