Re: Proposed response to the WAIC public comment

Dear WCAG working group,

Thank you very much for addressing this issue. May I ask you
additional questions?

Are the media controls of embedded video player appropriate for
partial conformance in the first place?

"Statement of Partial Conformance - Third Party Content" in WCAG 2.0 states:
 - "Sometimes, Web pages are created that will later have additional
content added to them. For example, an email program, a blog, an
article that allows users to add comments, or applications supporting
user-contributed content."
 - "it is not possible to know at the time of original posting what
the uncontrolled content of the pages will be."

The media controls are not "additional content" added to the web page.
They already exist at the time of original posting. And it is possible
for the author to know how the media controls would be presented to
users at the time of original posting.

Is partial conformance also appropriate for the uncontrolled content
which won't "later have additional content"?
The media controls may be updated without notice, but it doesn't mean
that they will be added after the time of original posting.

Email messages in "an email program", articles on "a blog", user's
comments in "an article that allows users to add comments" and
user-contributed content in "applications supporting user-contributed
content" doesn't exist at the time of original posting and will be
added later. But the media controls exist at the time of original
posting. This is the difference and we thought that the media controls
are not appropriate for partial conformance in the first place.

Additional clarification on this point will also be very helpful and
appreciated.

Thank you very much again for your discussion.

Makoto Ueki
Vice-chairman of WAIC

--
<以下、署名>

株式会社インフォアクシア
植木 真 <makoto.ueki@gmail.com>

104-0054
東京都中央区勝どき1丁目13-6 プラザタワー勝どき 3011
TEL:03-5547-5777   FAX:03-5547-5778
Webアクセシビリティのポータルサイト
Infoaxia - Everything for Your Awareness and Practice -
http://www.infoaxia.com/