RE: SCR21

Hi Cynthia,

At 22:35 11/06/2009, Cynthia Shelly wrote:
>document.write and innerHTML are not a problem for
>accessibility.  They work just fine with AT.  I'm honestly still not
>sure why we even have this technique.

I didn't claim that these methods cause accessibility problems. My
point was that I and many others prefer to promote standards-based methods.

>There's also a larger issue here.  People are treating failing a
>technique test as failing a success criterion.  That is simply not
>true.  What can we do to educate tool makers about this?

The introduction to the techniques document
<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/intro.html> does not explain what
failing the test procedure in a technique means. We could add an
explanation there. But users who come to a technique through
"Understanding WCAG 2.0" or "How to Meet WCAG 2.0" will probably not
see that explanation. Should we add something in the test section of
the techniques?

Best regards,

Christophe

--