From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Joe Clark
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:02 PM
To: WAI-GL
Subject: Without me, you're nothing-- almost

Congratulations on the publication of WCAG 2. You managed to underhandedly
eject me from your little group (hi, Loretta and Greg! nought is
forgiven!), but that didn't stop me from doing the one and only thing that
forced you to make this standard halfway reasonable. I refer, of course,
to my excoriating article "To Hell with WCAG 2" at A List Apart.

 	<http://www.alistapart.com/articles/tohellwithwcag2>

Without the publication of that article from a former ally you
excommunicated, you would have forged right ahead with the total piece of
shit you had published up to that point.

But-- and I quite commend you for this-- you took the advice and fixed the
standard. I don't know if the final WCAG 2 is the best thing since sliced
bread, because I have not studied it in detail and I'm not going to, *but*
everything I've heard leads me to believe you learned from, and tried to
correct, your mistakes. Again: Bravo.

Now, though, it's time for the W3C to recognize that Web accessibility is
now in a post-guideline era and disband the WCAG Working Group forever.
You just aren't needed anymore.

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
     <http://joeclark.org/> | <http://fawny.org/>