RE: Proposed reorganisation of media accessibility

Sorry for missing this item on the survey.  This may be a larger issue
than can be captured there anyway.

I am looking for group consensus on what is sufficient text equivalents
to be provided with a particular usage case, and images that could
reasonably be expected to be included with medical records comes to
mind.

My opinion is that it should be sufficient for EKGs, x-rays, etc. to
have "descriptive identification of the non-text content".  These are
images that convey a great deal of meaningful and significant
information (so I agree that the "specific sensory experience"
definition is not applicable) but will convey information based mostly
on the skilled expertise of the medical professional looking at the EKG
or x-ray.

>From your clarification below, I do not think WCAG 2.0 supports such an
interpretation.  You use the term "long description" but of course that
is not defined (per WCAG 2.0), all we have is "a text alternative that
presents equivalent information".  We have lots of experience writing
these kinds of text alternatives, and plenty of live examples of this
being done for maps and illustrations and other works of art.  It is
perfectly reasonable to expect this kind of attention to detail for text
books and other settings.

It is totally infeasible to expect that level of detail for a usage case
like medical records containing images.  Can this be resolved?