Re: CSS User Preferences for Colors Support Query

Hi Gregory,

At 17:01 11/12/2007, Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:
>is anyone aware of ANY user agents that support "User preferences for
>colors", as defined in CSS2?  it seems like one of the most sane
>approaches to honoring the user's default operating system environment's
>settings:
>
>18.2 User preferences for colors
>[source: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/ui.html#system-colors]
>[compare to: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/ui.html]

Some of the CSS support charts on the web provide information on this;
I have found two that claim that some user agents support these values:

* According to <http://www.richinstyle.com/bugs/table.html> (navigate to
the heading "color referencing methods") claims that "UI colors" are
supported by "Moz5", Internet Explorer versions 4 and 5, not supported by
Opera 3.6 and "destroyed" in Netscape Navigator 4 and Internet Explorer 3
(you can see it's an old chart ;-) ).

* According to <http://www.webdevout.net/browser-support-css#css2units>,
UI colours are also supported by Internet Explorer 6 and 7, by Firefox2
and by Opera 9.

(I have never seen these units "in the wild".)

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe