Re: Report on WCAG2 comments relating to cognitive, learning, and language disabilities

Dear all:

This is to supplement my contribution on "disaster use case".

When it comes to web-based early Tsunami warning or other disaster warning
system, accessibility and comprehension is crucial to protect the lives of
readers of the web contents. Just think about it is streamed video contents
with potentially dangerous area maps which is not legible with tiny mobile
phone screen.
Everybody requires either nonvisual alternatives or simplified graphics
which is legible even on the small screen that is associated by exact
language for instruction to the audiences in dangerous areas. The language
part need to be as clear as possible, e. g. YOU MUST EVACUATE TO A PLACE
HIGHER THAN 20 METERS FROM THE SEA LEVEL NOW!
The sentence in capital letters above need to be understood clearly and
immediately. A "power card" type web contents with synchronized audio and
simple graphics will help everybody including persons with cognitive
disabilities, in this use case, need to be accommodated by alternative
graphical expression including symbols such as "emergency exit" or "tsunami
evacuation route".
This is applicable for Hurricane and other disasters, and of course cruicial
for survival of individuals with disabilities including cognitive
disabilities as well as people with different language and culture.

Best

Hiroshi