Fwd: Flash 8 and text resizing

I resend the message by Alessio Cartocci which had not been delivered.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alessio Cartocci <alessio@terrafertile.com>
Date: 12-gen-2007 15.26
Subject: Re: Flash 8 and text resizing
To: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
Cc: Roberto Ellero <rellero@webaccessibile.org>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org,
"Slatin, John M" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>

Hi Andrew, thanks for your interest.

>using ems is the easiest way to achieve text and content resizing.

Yes. And after many cross-browser tests I can say that Flash and
Quicktime plugins are responding very well to resizing in conjunction
with a parent container element.

>it is too bad that you can't use the FLVPlayback component - we've
recently provided a set of skins for this
>component that support captioning

I know: that player is based on a script intended to work with open
source Red5 streaming server, which lacking support to FLVPlayback has
been object of several threads (like this:
http://osflash.org/pipermail/red5_osflash.org/2006-July/thread.html#4275).
Anyway, for the player placed in Webmultimediale home page
(http://www.webmultimediale.org, "Shannon ultimate machine prototype"
video) I used FLVPlayback with http streaming.  In this case SAMI file
is loaded, parsed and then captioned using cuepoints, according to Tom
Green indications (http://www.tomontheweb2.ca/CaptionVideo/index.cfm).
So, it's my intention to explore further ways to implement closed
captioning in a Flash video.

>In a quick test it looks like the cc button you have doesn't work beyond the
>current caption - when the next caption comes up the captions reappear
>even if I turned them off with the button.

Thanks for this bug report, even I have reported a similar problem only
pausing and then restarting the movie. I'm going to fix it along next
steps of development.
All further reports and notations are welcome.

Cordially,
Alessio