Re: REVISED Web Page Proposal - Version 2.0

Hi Sean,

Sean Hayes wrote:

> I think any workable definition has to be relative to the user agent,
> and not only that relative to to the specific moment in time at which
> the request is received as well. Any defintion which ignores these
> aspects will fail to capture the dynamics of the web.

user-agents are "almost passive" receivers of delivery units (well,
sometimes they screw-up the interpretation of standards ;-) , but I do
not think we are discussing that here). They send to the server how and
what they want, and the server assembles the information for them. If
the server sends different units to IE than to Firefox, user-agents have
no influence on it (other than changing their User-agent string). I
think conformance issues are on the other side of the equation.

regards,
carlos

--
Dr Carlos A Velasco - http://access.fit.fraunhofer.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT