Re: FW: Web Page Proposal from F2F

Gregg Vanderheiden schrieb:
> *	A web page is   (from Web Characterization Terminology & Definitions
> Sheet  --  W3C Working Draft 24-May-1999)
>
> *	A collection of information, consisting of one or more Web
> resources, intended to be rendered simultaneously, and identified by a
> single URI. More specifically, a Web page consists of a Web resource with
> zero, one, or more embedded Web resources intended to be rendered as a
> single unit, and referred to by the URI of the one Web resource which is not
> embedded.
>
> *         Examples: An image file, an applet, and an HTML file identified
> and accessed through a single URI, and rendered simultaneously by a Web
> client.
>
> *         Note: The components of a Web page can reside at different network
> locations. The location of the Web page, however, is determined by the URI
> identifying the page.
>
> *         Note: The scope of a Web page is limited to the collection of Web
> resources which are displayed simultaneously by requesting the Web page's
> URI. The components of a Web page actually rendered in a page view is
> client-dependent.  [Suggest we delete this last note and replace it with:
> NOTE: The scope of a Web Page is limited to the collection of Web resources
> that are displayed simultaneously with the primary resource (the resource
> that is downloaded first from the URI) at some time.   Resources that are
> part of the page may be displayed at different times and may differ
> depending on the client software (user agent) used.

Still contains this problematic "displayed simultaneously".

<link rel="stylesheet" ... href="screen.css" media="screen">
<link rel="stylesheet" ... href="handheld.css" media="handheld">

Does the web page contain both CSS resources although they will not be
rendered simultaneously?

<object ... data="foo.png">
   <object ... data="foo.gif">
     foo
   </object>
</object>

Does the web page contain both image resources although they will not be
rendered simultaneously (at least with conforming UAs :-)?

--
Johannes Koch
Spem in alium nunquam habui praeter in te, Deus Israel.