From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Jason White
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 4:56 AM
To: 'WCAG-WG'
Subject: Re: Minutes not usable

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 06:57:42AM +0200, Lisa Seeman wrote:

> Of course there is nothing for me to gain by reading the minuets because
> text like
> "
> ... refer 532 back to editors
> ... accept 575 as amended
> ... 586 adopted as currently revised "
>
> is unusable.
I agree. However, under section 7.2 of the W3C Process Document
(http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/) the working group is required, at
this
stage, formally to address all comments received. Under section 3.3.3, the
working group should maintain a record of its decisions and the substantive

Instead of reading meeting minutes, I plan to wait until the substantive
developing. Of course, I'll be paying particular attention to the
substantive
reviewers will be doing the same.

I am not denying that meeting minutes could be better kept, only suggesting
that they are not a substitute for the substantive responses that the
working
group will give, which should include technical rationale for each decision.