Re: Common failures

Ineke van der Maat wrote:
> Looking the german website http://www.webhits.de the web barometer tells
> that only 25% of the visitors have downloaded adobe acrobat for reading
> pdf-documents

That statistic is virtually irrelevant because many users will already
have a PDF reader installed, in which case they won't need to download
it and won't be counted by that counter.  Besides, Adobe Acrobat isn't
even the only software available to read them.

> I think you should always offer a html-version of a pdf-odocument..

That depends entirely upon the purpose of the PDF document.  I think you
should read Joe Clark's article about PDF accessibility.

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/pdf_accessibility

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/