RE: Common failures (was: Common failures and baseline)

Sorry Johannes,

I didn't mean your last sentence. I meant the last sentence of the paragraph
above that.  Let me rephrase.

A common failure causes a failure if the content you are relying on for
conformance contains it.   If it is in an alternate version of the content
(that is in parallel with the accessible version) then the failure (in the
non-accessible version) would not cause the parallel, accessible version to
fail unless it interfered with the accessible version.

RE your second question:  I am not sure what you mean by "the technique must
not interfere with a listed common failure."   I'm not sure what interfering
with a failure means?  Also not sure what it means for a 'test procedure to
fail a success criterion'.  Could you please rephrase your questions?

Thanks

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.