From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:gv@trace.wisc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:04 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: FW: Schedule for getting to Last Call

 Hi Lisa,

Here are the answers

a, Is there a current updated draft with all the resolutions in place?

-          Yes.  First, all of the resolutions appear in the minutes.   They
are all marked with the word "resolution" to make them easy to find.   Be
careful because sometimes a resolution later in a meeting (or at a later
meeting) will change an earlier resolution.

-          For an updated draft, see the EDITORS draft - (on our GL home
page) is usually pretty up to date with all the changes.   It is right now
completely up to date since Ben was able to incorporate all of last weeks in
it just recently.  The date is on it so you can always see how up to date it
is.  (We named it the Editor's draft only to avoid confusion with the last
public working draft.  The Editors draft is our most current working draft).

-

b, If possible, how to use the Wiki

-          You shouldn't rely on the WIKI for 'what is latest'.   It has
many notes, edits, old content in the boneyard, etc.  it is just a
scratchpad we use. If you aren't on a team working on one of the success
criterion or techniques you really have no idea what the status of the
content there is at any point in time.   When working on a team - consult
the team leader for how they are currently operating in WIKI.

c, Where is the consensus mechanisms explained? Can  consensus  happen on
the Thursday calls without list participation? (Some how I suspect issues
like this, and member in good standing  requirements,  were agreed on a
Thursday call)

-          Different groups conduct business in different ways.  In this
working group we don't have a separate email list for just the working group
members - just the public list (with about 200 or so people on it I
believe).   So we conduct our discussions on the public email list and our
'work' on the weekly teleconference calls and at face-to-faces.   I have no
idea when the decision was made to operate this way.   It is just the way it
always has been in our group.  I assume it was made at the first face to
face but not sure.

d, If we are not happy with the resolutions - what do we do?

-          If not happy with a resolution, you can post a comment to the GL
list or to the 'public comment' list.

If so can I suggest that for a temporary time at least, the call time be
moved to something that makes it easer for the other side of the world to
participate, so that any issues affecting the middle east and, to some
extent EU, be discussed earlier.

RE the time:    We have people from all across the globe.  There is no time
that is not very early or very late for someone.  We have tried to avoid the
hours of 2 am to 6 am.

Gregg

 -- ------------------------------
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison

  _____

I am finding it very hard to keep track of what has and has not been
resolved. To be honest I find it difficult to use the WIKI set up, and find
I have lost things all the way through.

Can you (re)explain:

a, Is there a current updated draft with all the resolutions in place?

b, If possible, how to use the Wiki

c, Where is the consensus mechanisms explained? Can  consensus  happen on
the Thursday calls without list participation? (Some how I suspect issues
like this, and member in good standing  requirements,  were agreed on a
Thursday call)

d, If we are not happy with the resolutions - what do we do?

If so can I suggest that for a temporary time at least, the call time be
moved to something that makes it easer for the other side of the world to
participate, so that any issues affecting the middle east and, to some
extent EU, be discussed earlier.

All the best

Lisa