From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Bailey, Bruce
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 8:59 AM
To: Ben Caldwell
Cc: WCAG-WG
Subject: RE: Updated Internal WD

I was sorry to discover that this version didn't include the attempt to
banish "programmatically determined" from the success criteria.  Is there a
list of edits someplace?  Are the resolutions available apart from the
general meetings minutes?  Thanks.

In particular, is the discussion where it was decided to move four success
criteria from 4.2 were moved to 4.1 available?  I think I like it, but that
was a bit of a surprise.

Might "use technologies according to specification" become a success
criteria now instead of a guideline?

I understand why, but the 4.1.x references to "Web content" (versus just
"content" elsewhere in 4.1, and throughout the rest of the other success
criteria) still seems awkward.  For example, 4.1.4 reads, "The content... in
the Web content".  Other sc use "delivery unit" in similar context.  (I
really dislike the DU term in general; but in for inch, in for a mile, as
they say.)  On the other hand, why not replace "delivery units" with "Web
content" throughout?

I am sorry I didn't ask before, but why not break 4.2.2 into two success
criteria?  This is the only sc with two distinct pieces (they even have
numbers, 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2).

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-20051216/
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20051216/