Re: Is validity the real issue?

Hi Michele,

I agree with most of what you've said so far on the subject, but have
to point out some issues with this:

On Nov 6, 2005, at 1:57 AM, Michele Diodati wrote:
> So, if we think validity is indispensable, a
> solution could be to request, for every web page published, a
> content-type of application/xhtml+xml. In that case, validity is
> actually necessary: no validity no rendering of the page.

Two problems with this:

1) Parsers using this MIME type are instructed to stop processing if
the content is not well-formed. It doesn't stop for document invalidity.
2) This MIME type is not handled properly by Internet Explorer on
Windows.

-