From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Gez Lemon
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 11:13 AM
To: Bob Regan
Subject: Re: Validity

Hi Bob,

On 04/11/05, Bob Regan <bregan@macromedia.com> wrote:
> I believe there needs to be a mechanism whereby an author may deviate
> from valid code for reasons specific to accessibility for the audience
> defined in their own baseline.

That would be a great start to working towards some kind of
compromise, which I believe was the intent of guideline 4.1 before the
meeting in Brussels. Would validity be considered acceptable if there
was an exception for instances where non-conformance improved
accessibility without degradation to other users?

Best regards,

Gez