Re: Validity

Fully agree with Gez.

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Gez Lemon"<gez.lemon@gmail.com>
    Inviato: 04/11/05 16.43.22
    A: "Bob Regan"<bregan@macromedia.com>
    Oggetto: Re: Validity

    Hi Bob,

    On 04/11/05, Bob Regan <bregan@macromedia.com> wrote:
    > This is an old debate that we have had in detail before in multiple
    > working groups.

    I'm aware that it's an old debate, but it's still an issue without a
    resolution; at least in WCAG 2.0. We need to come up with something
    that we can get consensus on, which probably wouldn't be that
    difficult if we could find some middle-ground. The people that believe
    validity is important believe it with a passion, and those that don't
    believe it's important believe it with an equal passion. Consequently,
    the debates end up full of passion, which makes it difficult to focus
    on the real issues as they get swamped with edge-cases.

    How can we compromise? Are those against validity at level 1 also
    against it level 2? Could we live with a watered-down version of
    validity at level 1, and full validity at level 3? Could we live with
    validity being removed completely from the guidelines, and addressed
    in appropriate techniques? I think if we concentrate on these types of
    questions, with someone who feels indifferent about validity as an
    arbiter, we could make progress and reach our deadline with minimal
    disruptions.

    Best regards,

    Gez

    --
    Supplement your vitamins

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]